Sunday, April 25, 2010

Long Island Birds

Went down to Long island yesterday. First stop was Heampstead Lake state park. We went for migrants but found nothing. I did find a blue gray knatccatcher nest which is pretty fun to watch. We were there on the 25th last year and had around 5 warblers. Aftere striking out at Hempstead we traveled to Oceanside marine study area. There are always birds there. We had yellow crowned night herons, tree swallows, osprey, yellowlegs,pectoral sandpiper. I got some pretty decent pictures. I hate this time of year where the sun gets so high in the sky.














3 comments:

  1. Very nice shots of that Osprey...I have a tough time with flight shots.

    www.wildlifearoundus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos Birdboy! That gnatcatcher nest is so cool..I have never seen one before!

    ReplyDelete