Thursday, June 18, 2009

bird boys perspective

I havent talked really about where I am located. I do pretty local walks. I am located a mile from the Hudson River.This is awesome because it is a major flyway for birds. Sadly no warblers move through my yard :( Across the river on the palisadesis where I count hawks every fall. Now I have my camera i will be posting some awesome shots. We put up a fake Owl and the hawks will dive bomb it for awesome pictures. The palisades is also awesome for peregrines.
Below is taken from a high street in Ossining my town.
It is a picture of the palisades side of river and croton point park
Croton point park is very famous for birds. I recently found out, this is where Peterson was when he decided to make the field guide.

3 comments:

  1. You live in a great area birdboy! We have parked our home @ croton park...when we visited our daughter in the city.
    We now park in NJ at a rv park and marina.
    Its always a pleasure to visit you blog and find a young person so interested in birding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born and raised in Ossining, now living in Texas. Please post more pictures of the area. Thanks. KC in TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to see what you are always looking for but never see. For me it is a Pileated Woodpecker in my back yard or any kind of eagle.

    ReplyDelete